COVID-19 Update : 14th June 2020
Our practice will be opening on 16th June but we just wanted to be clear that this may not be business as usual. The treatments you are offered may be different from those you received before, depending on staff and equipment available. It will take some time before services return to what you previously experienced as normal. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety, so please be patient.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our practice follows infection control guidelines made by the governing bodies. We are up-to-date on new guidance that has been issued. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment.
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
- Payment should be made by card
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
- Patients should come wearing a mask